Submit to TCR
Issue 3.35 Call for Submissions
The Capilano Review seeks critically engaged poetry for a Spring 2018 issue on Place and Displacement. The issue will be specific to Vancouver, BC, and its environs; submitted work must consider the topic in relation to the Lower Mainland. TCR editors are particularly interested in work addressing eviction and other forms of displacement, movement through landscapes, refuge, mobile groups and hidden, erased, or forgotten communities.
The reading window for Issue 3.35 will be open from November 1st to 30th, 2017
Before you submit your work, please note:
- TCR is no longer able to accept unsolicited submissions of fiction.
- We welcome proposals for submissions to our see to see section that includes 600-word reviews of upcoming or recent events. Please send your brief proposal and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each issue of TCR includes art, fiction, and interviews sourced and commissioned by the editor. Most of the poetry we publish is also solicited; however, we do publish one or two unsolicited works in each issue.
- It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
- We buy First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $150.
- We only accept submissions through Submittable during our open submission windows.
- Please make only one submission per upcoming issue.
- For poetry, send up to 5 pages, for reviews, a maximum of 600 words.
We look forward to reading your work and thank you for your continued support!