Submit to TCR
Submissions to The Capilano Review
Announcing the TCR Biofiction Contest!
We invite work that mines personal experience to create lively, vivid stories — these may unfold as poems, prose, or some combination thereof. As always, we’re particularly keen to see venturesome work that departs from standard narratives. We’re seeking short bio-texts — 500 words max.
Judges: Meredith Quartermain and Peter Quartermain.
Submission Window: September 15th to October 15th 2018 via Submittable.
Fee*: $25 for Canadian entries, $35 for US/international entries. Free entry for Indigenous writers — please submit your work via firstname.lastname@example.org. For all writers, if the entry fee is prohibitive, please write to us at email@example.com
Length: up to 500 words
*Each entry includes a one-year subscription to The Capilano Review. If you already have a subscription, we will extend your subscription or sign up a friend!
Please include your name, email, and mailing address on the cover letter but no identification on the pages of your submission.
- There are currently no open calls for submission. The next submission window will be in the winter. Please check back for exact dates.
- TCR is no longer able to accept unsolicited submissions of fiction.
- We welcome proposals for submissions to our see-to-see section that includes 300 word reviews of upcoming or recent events. Please send your brief proposal and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each issue of TCR includes art, fiction, and interviews sourced and commissioned by the editor. Most of the poetry we publish is also solicited; however, we do publish one or two unsolicited works in each issue.
- It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
- We buy First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $150.