Submit to TCR
Submissions to The Capilano Review
We welcome pitches for our “see to see–” review section, which features 500-word discursive, poetic, and critical responses to books, art shows, and events. We’re particularly interested in hearing about community-oriented art and poetry events and reviewing small press titles or otherwise underrepresented work. Please send your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a bio, a sample of your recent work, and if possible a digital excerpt or preview of the work you’re proposing to review. As this is digital review space we welcome the inclusion of visual materials.
Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know about our next open submission period and writing contests. Familiarize yourself with the magazine by reading our free digital back issues and support us by becoming a subscriber.
- Each issue of TCR includes art, poetry, fiction, essays, and interviews commissioned by the editor, as well as a small selection of unsolicited poetry and prose.
- We accept submissions of poetry (to a maximum of 8 pages) and submissions of prose (to a maximum of 2,000 words).
- It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
- We buy First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $200.
- Thank you for your interest in submitting to The Capilano Review!