Submit to TCR
Submissions to The Capilano Review
Our Open Call for Submissions period is from June 1 – 30, 2023. We welcome submissions of boundary-pushing, innovative writing across a variety of genres and forms, including but not limited to: poetry, experimental fiction, personal/poetic essay, creative nonfiction, and hybrid forms. Please familiarize yourself with the content we publish and the submission guidelines here before submitting your work.
Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know about our next open submission period and writing contests. Familiarize yourself with the magazine by reading our free digital back issues and support us by becoming a subscriber.
- Each issue of TCR includes art, poetry, fiction, essays, and interviews commissioned by the editor, as well as a small selection of unsolicited poetry and prose.
- We accept submissions of poetry (to a maximum of 8 pages) and submissions of prose (to a maximum of 2,000 words).
- It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
- We buy First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $500.
- Thank you for your interest in submitting to The Capilano Review!