Submit to TCR
Submissions to The Capilano Review
There are currently no open calls for submissions. The next reading window will be in the fall—please check back for exact dates.
Since 2011, The Capilano Review has hosted its Annual Robin Blaser Contest, which began in 2011 to honour Robin Blaser’s role in the formation of West Coast poetics. Each year we invite a Canadian poet to draw on Blaser’s work to create a focus for the contest and to act as the contest judge. Past judges have included Daphne Marlatt, Soma Feldmar, Aisha Sasha John, and Wayde Compton.
The winning entry receives an award of $1000, plus publication in an upcoming issue of TCR.
- TCR is no longer able to accept unsolicited submissions of fiction.
- We welcome proposals for submissions to our see to see section that includes 600- word reviews of upcoming or recent events. Please send your brief proposal and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each issue of TCR includes art, fiction, and interviews sourced and commissioned by the editor. Most of the poetry we publish is also solicited; however, we do publish one or two unsolicited works in each issue.
- It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
- We buy First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $150.